Mongolian visa is issued at the Mongolian Embassy or Consulate in the applicant’s home country or nearest third country. In some cases, if there is not Mongolian embassy in your country, it is possible for some travelers to obtain a visa upon arrival in Chinggis Khaan international airport. This is applicable to citizens of certain countries only so you should check the visa waiver section as below.
For all information related to consular matter, please contact the nearest diplomatic or consular mission of Mongolia by telephone or email. We will supply an official invitation letter by email for your visa application once you book a travel service with us.
“J” visa is required to obtain the Mongolian visa following documentation: 1. Invitation letter from Mongolian travel agency 2. Passport with a validity date at least six months beyond the end of the applications intended period of stay in Mongolia 3. Completed visa Application Form for Tourists with one passport size photo 4. Single entry visa fee – $55.00 fee must be paid US dollars by money order or cashier`s check made payable to the “embassy of Mongolia” 5. Transit visa processing requires visa for next destination, copy of onward ticket
Normally visa is processed in 2 working days. However, please be advised that the regulations require up to one week for the processing.
Fees charged for Mongolian visa
- Single entry-exit visa – US$53
- Multiple entry-exit visa valid for six months – US$65
- Multiple entry-exit visa valid for one year – US$130
- Transit visa – US$15
- Visa extension valid for one week – US$15; for urgent service (within a working day) US$30; US$2 per a day exceeding a week.
NOTE: Foreign national stayed in Mongolia above 30 days is required to get registered at local “Office of Immigration, Naturalization and Foreigners Registration.
How to get a Mongolian Visa support letter of invitation
Before you ask us for invitation letter; please check whether you need visas to Mongolia. According to some mutual governmental agreements, citizens of certain countries do not need visas to Mongolia. If you need an invitation, contact and give us your personal information through an email.
- Full Name /given name, surname/ Passport copy is better.
- Number of your valid passport
- Passport Validity /expiry date/
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Address of the embassy or consulate, where you are applying for visa
- Date of arrival and departure of Mongolia
- We send the invitation back to you by email so that you can go to the Mongolian consulate or Embassy in your country
- We apply for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Mongolia and fax the invitation to the Mongolian consulate or Embassy in your country.
- If Mongolian embassy in your home country. We arrange to have your visa at the airport upon your arrival in Mongolia.
List of countries and regions with non-visa regime for all types of passport holders
- Hong Kong – 14 days for all type of passports. There is no visa fee for diplomatic and official passports. Ordinary passport holders pay visa fee if they travel for more than 14 days.
- Israel – 30 days for all type of passports
- Kazakhstan – 90 days for all type of passports
- Malaysia – 1 month for all type of passports
- Philippines – 21 days for all type of passports
- Singapore – 14 days for all type of passports
- Japan – 30 days for all type of passports
- USA – 90 days for all type of passports
List of countries with non-visa arrangement for diplomatic and official passport holders
- Bulgaria – no visa for diplomatic and official passport holders. Ordinary passport holders need visa
- Czech – no visa for diplomatic and official passport holders within 90 days. Ordinary passport holders need visa
- Hungary – no visa for diplomatic and official passport holders within 30 days. Ordinary passport holders need visa
- Mexico – no visa for diplomatic and official passport holders within 90 days. Ordinary passport holders need visa
- Republic of Korea – no visa for diplomatic and official passport holders within 30 days. Ordinary passport holders need visa
- Romania – no visa for diplomatic and official passport holders. Ordinary passport holders need visa
- Russia – no visa for diplomatic and official passports within 90 days, ordinary passport holders need visa
- Slovakia – no visa for diplomatic and official passport holders within 90 days. Ordinary passport holders need visa
- Thailand – no visa for diplomatic and official passport holders within 30 days. Ordinary passport holders need visa
- Turkey – no visa for diplomatic and official passport holders within 30 days. Ordinary passport holders need visa
- Vietnam – no visa for diplomatic and official passport holders within 90 days. Ordinary passport holders need visa and no visa fee
List of countries without visa fee
- India – All type of passports need a visa, no visa applications, photos and fees required
- USA- no visa fee required, but consular service fee US$ 100 is charged on reciprocal basis from US nationals applying for following type of visa : T- (Employees of representative offices of foreign entities or entities with foreign investment), HG- (students or trainees), TS-(immigrants), B-(business travellers), O-(employees of international NGOs), BH-(journalists)
Every traveler coming to Mongolia must complete a custom declaration, which should be retained until departure. This allows the free import and re-export of article intended for personal use for duration of stay. It prohibited to import and export:
- Guns, weapons, ammunitions without special permission.
- Explosive items
- Radioactive substance
- Pornographic publications
- Opium, hashish, and other narcotics
- Publications, records, films, drawings opposing Mongolia
- Research materials, paleontological and archeological findings, collection of various plants and their seeds, birds, wild and domestic animals, wool, raw skins and hides, and furs without permissions of appropriate Mongolian authorities.
Mongolia allows to the following items to be brought in duty free
- One litter of spirits
- Two litters of wine
- Three litters of beer
- 200 cigarettes
- 250 grams of tobacco
- Visitors taking antiques and fossils out of the country must have official documentation to do so. Some shops will provide the necessary documents upon purchase. Alternatively, permission can be obtained from the Ministry of Education and Science, Culture in Ulaanbaatar.
CITIZENS OF 42 COUNTRIES ARE TRAVELING MONGOLIA VISA-FREE BETWEEN JUNE 25, 2014 AND DECEMBER 31, 2015
The government of Mongolia at its regular cabinet meeting resolved to allow citizens of 42 countries to enter Mongolia visa-free in the frameworks of Government Action Plan to boost the country`s economy. According to decision, the new regulation is effective from June 25, 2014 until December 31, 2015, where above mentioned citizens can travel Mongolia visa-free up to 30 days with tourist and business purposes. List of 42 Countries to travel Mongolia visa-free between June 25, 2014 and December 31, 2015: European Union Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland Europe: Andorra, Gibraltar, Liechtenstein, Monaco, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Latin America: Argentina, Bahamas, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Grenada, Panama, Uruguay,